Sunday, July 09, 2006

Bet on Your Own Team

A Cut Out From Page 2 of the Straights Times.1/7/2006

Indon : We will carry the trophy come this Sunday.
This was the promise made by Indonesian Star Import Yohanes Leander 2 weeks ago as he walked off the field and into the nearest Singapore Ppools Betting Counter.

After looking at the odds and flirting with the aunty in the Singapore Ppools Counter, the grinning 6 packian gave a thumbs up sign and said "Aye don’t report this, but if we win, I’ll treat the whole team to dinner." Amazing generosity. When asked whether he would treat the fans too with his winnings, he smirked and said "Use my house, eat my food, watch my tv, not enough ar? Aiyah never mind la.. I’ll treat anyone dinner if we win, just come down my place, anytime unannouced also ok....me casa is su casa"

Unfortunately for him and luckily for us, the betting slip that he had just received, fell out of his pocket and into my wallet.
I’m sure he’ll still keep his word though.


Looks like he has a lot of confidence in his team. We wish the 6packians all the luck in the Lion Red Touch Carnival as they embark on their conquest of the touch scene here in Singapore.

Below : A look at Leander's Winnings

No comments: