Tuesday, February 20, 2007

6packian Times: Uncle Teo's Column

Starting from this week onwards, the 6Packian Times will bring to you a new column requested by the popular demand of the dozens of 6pack fans.

Where people will have the opportunitiy to reveal their hidden secrets and problems via email with Uncle Teo(resident 6pack psychologist). A expert psycho-therapist with no degree from National University Of Singapore, he has been highly regarded as the man responsible in nuturing the fighting spirit of the 6Pack team.

We here in 6 pack will like to say to our fans. We will share the weight of your problems.

The below-mentioned letter is highly tragic and we hope you can relate to it.

Dear Uncle Teo,
I have a problem, I don't really know whether its me or just the endless pressure put to me by my friends. Over the past few months I have been in the team that had captured numerous touch rugby titles. We shared the joys and pain of the winning and also losing. We have bonded quite closely and I feel like part of the group. Recently I've been mocked and called disgusting names by these very same people whom I love. I hope you understand what Boy-Boy love is. I have been called names such as "Gay, Gaylord, Team Bitch, Team Whore." This has really left me questioning my sexuality. I think I wanna be what they call me. I'm afraid that the guys might be a tad bit afraid of me if i tell them how i feel now.

Sincerely yours,
G, Future Wantok

Dear G,
I'm going to be frank. First of all, have you acted in ways that might have provoked people into calling those names? If you have, I urge you to stop. The next thing you have to ask yourself is whether the pressure put to you by your so-called friends is too much for you to handle. If it is, then i suggest that you become everything that they call you. I think that if they are truly your friends then they have been probaby trying hard to make you realise the truth . The only way for you to be truly happy, is that you be what you want to be. Put yourself above everything else. Come out of the closet. This is a great time to see who your true friends are. They will still stick by you. Do not leave your team just because you are uncomfortable with your sexuality.

Uncle Teo

No comments: