Friday, June 09, 2006

Six pack vs Bucks IPA

The Turf City field had one more week booked for touch. The powers that be decided to schedule a few more games 1st vs 2nd and 3rd vs 4th. So it was be a repeat of the games from 2 weeks ago with 6 Pack again going toe to toe with Bucks IPA. This time 6 Pack was without Loo, due to contact commitments. David was also absent. After being talent spotted at last week at the fancy dress game he was chosen to represent Singapore in the “2006 World LadyBoyz Championship” in Pattaya Thailand. Lucky for 6 Pack Marli and Millie stepped up to fill their shoes.

6 Pack were hoping for a more satisfying victory than three weeks ago when the teams last met. Unfortunately that wasn’t to be the case. A cold and sluggish 6 Pack team failed to fire on all cylinders and wake up. The IPA number 42 Mike also caused 3 tries of damage and successfully helped his team take a 5-1 lead. The only consolation for 6 Pack was Leanders first half score when he cleverly provided the T-pot move with an additional 3rd option.

As the minutes ticked down the realisation that 6 Pack might throw the game to weaker opponents suddenly sunk in. It was to be the wake up call that triggered a scoring frenzy and some of 6 Packs best touch rugby so far in the league. The final 3 minutes of the game saw the favourites fight back by scoring at every attacking opportunity and forcing errors from their opponents when in defence. However it was to be too little too late largely thanks to a referee who moved slower than a tectonic plate when it came to documenting the scores. The game ended 5-4, a bitter pill to swallow considering how easy 6 Pack cut through the IPA team in the dying minutes.

In many respects this one and final match reflected the dynamics of the 6-Pack team during the Summer Touch League. Times of class manufactured on Wednesday and Friday nights mixed in with incidents of horseshit.

Fortunately David had better luck in Pattaya, after scooping up maximum points in the evening wear and talent categories. He was set for a top 3 finish but forgetting to pack his Gillette Mach 3 cost him dearly in the swimsuit category.
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
V

Assie

No comments: